The Company’s Latest Software Enables AV Professionals to More Easily Configure Multi-Unit Microflex Advance Installations
Designer System Configuration Software makes MXA implementation faster and more intuitive, especially when deploying multiple array microphones.
- Free software download
- Networked audio routing between Shure products
- Create and reuse templates across multiple locations
- Design projects online and offline
- Compatible products:
- MXA910 Ceiling Array Microphone
- IntelliMix® P300 Audio Conferencing Processor
- MXA310 Table Array Microphone
- ANIUSB-MATRIX USB Audio Network Interface
DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION
Free download from the Shure software portal:
- Log in at software.shure.com to download Designer
- Click "Your Downloads" or "Recent Releases" to download the software
New User: Click here to register to download Designer
Initial download requires users to accept an End-User License Agreement.
Software installs on any computer running Windows 7 and up. Consult the Designer user guide for more information. Also, ensure to have the latest firmware update on your Shure compatible product.
- When upgrading Designer versions, the installer may prompt that the destination folder is not empty; please change the folder name or delete the existing folder and it will automatically be re-created during the upgrade.
- In order to push from virtual devices to online devices, or vice versa, the virtual device and online version must be running the same version. For example, all new virtual devices created in Designer 4.1 are on version 4.1.X; those virtual devices can only be associated with online devices that are also on version 4.1.X.
- Designer 4.1 is not backwards compatible with Designer 3.2. The database will not be maintained upon downgrading, and Designer 4.1 files cannot be imported into version 3.2.
- Support for IntelliMix® Room Audio Processing Software version 1.0
- Support for MXA910, MXA310, P300, and ANIUSB-MATRIX 4.1.X firmware
- Auto route feature added on the Signal Flow tab
- Multi-select added on P300 and IntelliMix Room schematic views
- Performance improvements
- Bug fixes
- For enhanced security, first-time browser user interface access will prompt the user to set up a passphrase. Users have the option of continuing without a passphrase, allowing for Shure Designer configuration software to securely configure multiple devices at once within a Designer location.
- Passphrase length must be at least eight characters, up to a maximum of 64, with all characters allowed
- Downgrade caution:
- After the 4.1.X upgrade, a device’s new Designer location passphrase (and/or its audio encryption passphrase) might exceed the allowed length of its prior firmware version. In that case, downgrading requires the following procedure to ensure passphrase compatibility:
- Prior to downgrading, disable the location and/or audio encryption passphrase or change the passphrase to the character length allowed by the prior firmware to be downgraded to.
- Perform the device firmware downgrade. Enable passphrase(s) as desired.
- When using Windows 7, no more than five windows can be open simultaneously.
- With more than 20 devices in location or 60 on the network, some actions will take longer due to increased network traffic.
- When deleting a virtual device, Designer will warn that encryption and password settings will be changed; however, the discovered devices’ encryption and password settings will not be affected.
- When importing a Designer preset file into the MXA910 web application, attempts to immediately export that file out of the web application will fail if it is not first loaded and saved to the MXA910.
- Pull and push operation may cause sync status to say “not synced,” although the operation was successful; close and reopen the location to fix this
- When soloing a channel on an MXA310, all channels will show as gated on
- When configuring a single MXA910, rotation of the device will only appear in Location > Coverage Map; go to the location to view the rotated device
- If experiencing issues changing the channel count of an IntelliMix Room instance within Designer Software, deactivate the IntelliMix Room instance first, then change the channel count and re-activate
- When using Shure Networked Audio Encryption for IntelliMix Room,?you'll see a "key error" for channels without established Dante audio routes.?This does not affect?device?performance and?can be ignored.
- When one or more devices in a location are locked by Dante Domain Manager or Dante Device Lock, operations that affect Dante settings may be unreliable, such as audio routing, pushing virtual to online devices, or enabling audio encryption
- When using the P300’s Matrix Mixer on its Schematic tab, vertical scrolling won’t work correctly; navigate to the Matrix Mixer tab to see all channels.
- Unsupported firmware may show an indication that the device is locked by Dante Domain Manager or Dante Device Lock. See the minimum supported firmware versions below.
- Internet access is required during the installation process
- Designer User Guide
- Designer 4.1 is compatible with the following software and firmware versions:
- IntelliMix Room version 184.108.40.206
- MXA910 4.1.41
- MXA310 4.1.37
- P300 4.1.11
- ANIUSB-MATRIX 4.1.39
- Requires 64-bit Windows 7, 8.1 or 10